Our corporate and commercial practice encompasses complex domestic and cross-border transactions as well as general corporate advice on day-to-day legal issues encountered by our clients. We routinely advise clients on large and complex in-bound investment and divestment transactions, corporate acquisitions, as well as joint ventures between large local corporates and multinational companies.
We also advise clients on corporate governance matters, intellectual property licensing issues, tax, as well as other regulatory matters. We provide a range of employment law advisory services from drafting and negotiating employment contracts, advising on immigration matters including applying for work and residency permits, to structuring sophisticated executive compensation structures such as employee profit sharing and complex carried interestallocations schemes.
Our clients range from established multinational corporations to start-up companies operating in a variety of industries from private equity, to oilfield services, to construction.
Recent transactions include:
- Advising a local real estate development company on the formation of a joint venture with a large Chinese real estate development company, for the development of a 2 acre office, retail and residential park.
- Advising a regional ICT company on a PPP with the National Identification Authority for the issuance of national identification cards.
- Advising a local engineering and construction firm on the formation of a joint venture with an international engineering consulting company for the development of a multi-million dollar civil and mechanical engineering works project.
- Advising a Canadian tree nursery company on the establishment of its cocoa tree nursery operations in Ghana.
- Advising an international hotel management company on general corporate matters relating to the management of one of the premier hotels in Ghana.
- Advised on the Ghanaian law aspects of the divestment of Fan Milk International, a West African regional producer of fresh and frozen juice and milk products.
- Advised a leading, international oil and gas services firm on certain regulatory matters relating to the establishment of its operations in Ghana.
- Advised a railway engineering consulting firm, on the establishment of its local business and on legal and regulatory matters related to its operations.
- Advised a local construction and building materials business on the acquisition of equipment for the production of insulated concrete form blocks and on the establishment of its building materials business.