Our corporate and commercial practice involves complex domestic and cross-border transactions as well as general corporate advice on day-to-day legal issues encountered by our clients. Our law firm routinely advises clients on large and complex in-bound investment and divestment transactions, corporate acquisitions, as well as joint ventures between large local corporates and multinational companies.
We also advise clients on corporate governance matters, intellectual property licensing issues, tax, as well as other regulatory matters. Our lawyers provide a range of employment law advisory services from drafting and negotiating employment contracts, advising on immigration matters including applying for work and residency permits, to structuring sophisticated executive compensation structures such as employee profit sharing and complex carried interest allocations schemes.
Our clients range from established multinational corporations to start-up companies operating in a variety of industries from private equity, to oilfield services, to construction.
Some of our transactions include
- Advising a regional ICT company on a PPP with the National Identification Authority for the issuance of national identification cards.
- Advising one of the seven “Supermajor” multinational integrated oil and gas companies on the acquisition of assets from an international petroleum company in Africa.
- Advising on the USD 180 million acquisition of a significant interest in a leading insurance company by a strategic African investment company.
- Advising on a proposed purchase of substantially all the assets of a blue-chip, Ghana Club 100, public listed company.
- Advising on the USD 200 million sale of a multinational FMCG, a listed company, to a strategic investor.
- Advising an international charity organization on the disaffiliation of the international charity from its local chapter, advised on the potential legal risks associated with the process and assisted with the implementation of the disaffiliation plan.
- Advising the leading pan-African e-commerce company on various legal and regulatory issues in connection with the introduction of its e-payment services in Ghana.
- Advising on the acquisition of a microfinance company by a global fintech company.
- Advising a private equity fund on a transaction involving the acquisition of a significant stake in a multi-national fintech solutions company with a Ghanaian subsidiary.